Friday, March 11, 2016

Priesthood of God.

I have a testimony of many things. I have a testimony of Girls Camp and the incredible spiritual experience it can bring to Young Women. I have a testimony of EFY and the power of influence for good it had on my children as far as scripture study and better music choices. I have a testimony of Seminary and it's value of putting on the armor of God every morning. I have a testimony of the Savior's atonement and the power to forgive as well as give hope. I have a testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost and it's power to bring peace and comfort as well as guide. I found that as I live and experience different aspects of the gospel my testimony in that area grows by leaps and bounds. There are many areas I need to continue to work on like family history. My first testimony in the gospel was when I was a young girl. That testimony is of the Priesthood. The power of God on the earth today. I have seen this power throughout my life and will be eternally grateful for a father, grandfather, brother, husband, sons, home teachers, bishops, etc. that have strengthened this testimony. Of all the incredible Priesthood holders in my life my father stands out most. He honored, loved, and understood the Priesthood. He taught me from a very young age to also honor and respect the Priesthood. He was a courageous example of what a Priesthood holder should be. Dad was quite ill during his life, especially the last seven years. I was a teenager at the time. One time when he was in the hospital, in isolation, Chad was ready to receive the Melchizedek priesthood and wanted my dad to confer that upon him. Dad was so ill that he could barely open his eyes, let alone sit up. We got permission from the Stake President to do the ordinance in the hospital. It was amazing to watch my dad sit up, give an incredible prayer, and lie back down drained. He had the faith and the Lord blessed him. Dad so wanted the Priesthood to be in his home. I know that he understood that home teachers were available but he wanted it there, in the home. At the time my brother to young so it would been a few more years before he would be a Priesthood holder. Chad and I were married in the Mesa Temple and my dad was well enough to make it to the ceremony. He was one of the witnesses. He was in a wheelchair at the time. After the ceremony he leaned over to my mom and whispered, "I can go know, there is a Priesthood holder in the home". The next day was Father's day then on Monday he went back into the hospital and passed away shortly after. There is no doubt in my mind that had Chad not joined our family my dad would have waited for my brother to get the Priesthood. It was that important to him. Since that day I have experienced many wonderful aspects of the Priesthood. I have worked in ward councils, my husband has been a Bishop and in the Stake Presidency, my sons have all served missions, I have seen father's blessings, blessings of healing, babies blessed, baptisms, and confirmations. I have the incredible blessing and privilege of working  in the Temple. And many more, too many to mention. The Priesthood and my testimony of it are one of the greatest blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment