Friday, March 11, 2016

Mothers who know...

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2007/10/mothers-who-know?lang=eng

Sister Julie Beck gave an incredible talk in 2007 entitled "Mothers Who Know". In it she talked about the power and influence of mothers. As I was recently reading this talk for class I was reminded of the incredible mothers - who know - that my daughter and daughter-in-laws are. These loving women, Kim - Alli - Jessica - Michelle, know how important their role as mother is. They are teaching their children correct principles. They have chosen to be home for their children. They love being mothers and never make excuses for their choice. They are daughters of God and they know that they are responsible for helping His children, whom He has given them responsibility for, to return to Him someday.  I love being with them and seeing the joy they have in their posterity. I love that they rejoice in their little ones accomplishments. I love that they cry with them in the hard times; laugh with then in funny times; and mourn with them when mistakes are made. Sister Beck said that mothers who know honor sacred covenants and ordinances. She also said they stand strong and immovable. These four daughters of mine exemplify all of these. I love that they love the gospel. That they love the Lord. That they honor the Priesthood their husbands hold. That they are converted to the ways of the Lord. But even more, I love that they are teaching their children the same ideal. As I look over all the wonderful blessings in my life, and there are many, one of the greatest blessings is having four beautiful daughters that are mothers who know.

No comments:

Post a Comment