Sunday, January 8, 2017

Joy

It seems like I hear the word joy often. In the scriptures we are commanded to have joy. We are told that we cannot know joy if we don't know misery. We learn that Adam fell so that man could have joy. When listening to the endowment in the Temple you hear the word joy multiple times. When listening to conference last October it seemed like every talk spoke of joy. What is joy? I have contemplated this question for several years now and recently I found the answer. The answer came in a still small voice as I sat in the sealing room with my husband, four children and their spouses. It was reiterated to me as we all sat in the Celestial room together. I was told that I was making it too complicated. I was told that I already know what joy is. I was told it was found in the things I know.

So, what do I know and what brings me joy?

I know that I am a daughter of God and that He knows me and loves me.
I know that my family can be eternal.
I know that my family loves each other and wants to be eternal.
I know that I have a Savior that has atoned for my sins and made it possible for me to return to the presence of my Father in Heaven.
I know that my husband loves me and that we are sealed for time and for eternity.
I know that I will see my earthly father and grandparents again.
I know that the Priesthood is real and that it has incredible power to heal.
I know that there is a Prophet on the earth today to guide us.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true and written for our day.
I know that the Proclamation of the World is an inspired document and the answers to so many questions.
I know the church is true and that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings hope and peace.
I know that the Lord has blessed me more than I could have ever imagined.
I know the sweet feeling of forgiveness, the happiness of obedience and the assurance of promised blessings.
I know that my redeemer lives.
I know what joy is!

No comments:

Post a Comment